1. NO PERSONAL BRAND: Make sure you have established your personal brand and have learned to leverage it across all mediums and platforms. Don’t worry about success, but rather becoming a person of VALUE. You have to do everything you can to insure your personal brand stays strong. Erosion of your positive brand in the minds of your managers, customers, and co-workers can take a long time (if ever) to repair and only a short time to destroy. Your personal brand is everything and without a strong one; you have little to no chance for (real) success.
Personal Branding consists of three elements:
- Value Proposition: What do you stand for?
- Differentiation: What makes you stand out in a crowd?
- Marketability: What makes you compelling?
2. LACK OF SERVICE: We are not saved by serving, but we are saved for serving. Are you enslaved by your own idiosyncratic hurts, habits, conditions, and hang-ups to think much about others? Or, perhaps you “go the extra mile” at work because there is a chapter on customer service in every single business book you’ve read that demands exceeding expectations? What serving really boils down to is exceptionally simple. Serving is about helping others without expecting anything in return. Everyone needs help and by serving others, that realization comes to life and the opportunities to serve (help, love) others has unlimited possibilites for you.