A Lesson from the Blue Rose Cafe
May 13, 2011 | | | Business, General, Office politics, Women in Business
Has an unplanned moment ever hit you so intensely that you, in reactionary response, mixed-up all of the rules of rational behavior and decision making? When life gives you a sour lime, darn it…you better have the knowhow to make a Cherry Limeade. Even with my three years of intense limeade training at Sonic Drive In; I need reminding of this essential life lesson. As Tom Dittus, Tulsa Business Extraordinaire, would say, “No Crybabies!”
Let’s face it. You cannot control all events. But…you can control how you respond to them. This, friends, is what separates the conquerors from the crybabies!
- Crybabies react, Conquerors think and process
- Crybabies focus on past, Conquerors focus on the present and future
- Crybabies cast blame, Conquerorstake responsibility
- Crybabies panic, Conquerors take action
- Crybabies look for endorsement, Conquerors lead by example and serve others
- Crybabies vacillate, Conquerors have Conviction
Don’t be a Crybaby. Just enjoy a Cherry Limeade (or Blue Rose burger.)
Great words of advice!
Love it, this is great advice. Constant crying instills the impression of instability and lack of leadership. So suck it up, and order a nice burger from the Blue Rose with an adult soda.