Any gift ideas for my “hard to buy for” husband? Saturday is his birthday and I am clueless on what to get. In my opinion, he has everything he needs plus extra.
Last year I shopped at my fave, TJ Maxx, and picked up a pair of very nice Perry Ellis dress socks (although we discovered they were “irregular”) and a little press that assists in the making of ground meat sliders and mini buns (from big buns). He looked so disappointed when he opened up the recycled and wrinkled pink gift bag. I admit I put no thought in his special day.
I am committed to doing better this year. Went online and found a few gift suggestions…
- Make him a mini scrapbook (The word “scrapbook” gives me hives)
- A photo shoot of pictures made just for your husband (This is disturbing)
- Make “love” coupons (Eek….not my thing)
- Home Depot gift card (Not bad)
- Detail his vehicle. (My husband is OCD so don’t think I could find any dirt)
- Massage Oil (No)
- A game chair (Come on, really?)
- Make a CD of his favorite songs (Too much work)
- Make his favorite cookies (Lame)
- A foot file then give him a pedicure (Heck no)
I’m not making an effort…my selfish mind is getting in the way. Searching for that perfect gift is not an easy task! It takes time and preparation because the thoughtfulness that goes into selecting a gift for your significant other is a major part of the giving. I have let the gift-choosing process take away from the true purpose…a special way to express love, appreciation and gratitude.